|This article is out-of-date. You can help by updating it new information. [Proposed: January 20, 2015]|
The abilities available to a player are determined primarily by the player's subclass. In turn, the subclasses that the player can use are determined by that player's class and which subclasses the player has discovered or unlocked. Abilities can be unlocked and upgraded by gaining XP.
Abilities may be divided into several categories, and each subclass contains at least one ability under each category:
- Movement Ability - Abilities that affect the player's vertical movement, such as Glide, Lift, or Double-Jump abilities.
- Melee Ability - Bonuses that affect the style and damage of a player's melee attacks.
- Passive Ability - Defensive or strategic abilities that are active for the player at all times while using a particular subclass.
- Super Ability - Abilities that, when activated, allow a player to unleash powerful offensive, defensive, or healing powers.
- In interviews and media, Bungie employees jokingly refer to abilities as "space magic."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 McCaffrey, Ryan. (2013) "Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams". IGN. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- ↑ Venables, Michael. (2013) "Bungie’s Destiny Revealed". MTV. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Vore, Bryan. (2013-12-27) "The Character Progression of Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.