Trials of Osiris used the Elimination gametype. Entrance into the Trials required a Trials Passage, which could be purchased from Brother Vance for 500 Glimmer. Once a Trials Passage accumulated three losses, the Passage would no longer grant admission to the Trials. In order to continue competing in the Trials of Osiris, a new Trials Passage would need to be purchased. If a Guardian quit or disconnected from a match before it is completed, a loss was added to the Trials Passage. By inspecting their Trials Passage, Guardians could spend Passage Coins to purchase modifications to their Passage that would aid in obtaining the most wins possible.
Level advantages were enabled, and teammate matchmaking was disabled, so Guardians would need to form their own fireteams. Teams were matched against each other depending on connection and number of wins on the Trials Passage.
Each match would of took place on the same map in a given week. The map changed every week.
List of RewardsEdit
One of the following armor pieces would drop as an end-of-match reward on the fifth win on a Trials Passage once per week per Guardian:
- Scarab's Vigil Helm
- Scarab's Vigil Gauntlets
- Scarab's Vigil Plate
- Scarab's Vigil Greaves
- Scarab's Vigil Mark
One of following weapons would drop as an end-of-match reward on the seventh win on a Trials Passage once per week per Guardian:
- Vision Stone, Legendary Auto Rifle
- Blind Perdition, Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Burning Eye, Legendary Scout Rifle
- Exile's Student, Legendary Hand Cannon
- Stellar Vestige, Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Unraveling Thread, Legendary Shotgun
- The Winged Word, Legendary Sniper Rifle
The following items had a chance to drop as end-of-match rewards:
- The Devoted, legendary blue and yellow shader
- Vigilant Disciple (on match wins after obtaining nine wins on a card)
- 1-3 Strange Coins
- 1-3 Motes of Light
- 1-3 Passage Coins (only after a loss)
Guardians who accumulate nine wins and zero losses on a single Trials Passage would be able to travel to The Lighthouse, a location on Mercury that contains exclusive loot. Opening the chest at The Lighthouse would reward the following:
- Solar Labor, Legendary Emblem
- 1 Flawless Vigil Ornament
- 4-6 Motes of Light
- One armor piece
- A random Trials of Osiris Adept primary weapon:
- A chance for an exotic armor piece or exotic weapon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 (2015) YouTube: Trials of Osiris Reveal Archive 44:50. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- ↑ Dague, David. (2017) "This Week At Bungie – 06/22/2017". Bungie. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- ↑ (2015) YouTube: Destiny House of Wolves: Trials and Crucible Additions and Corrections 0:15. Retrieved May 1, 2015.